Donors Choose

DonorsChoose.org - Teachers ask. You choose. Students learn.

21 June 2008

Murr Lot

That is how this guy at the liquor store in Harlem was pronouncing merlot.  He asked me if I knew anything about wine, and told him that I sort of did.  So then he asks me all of these questions, including how "murr lot" tasted.  I gave some recommendations but he got confused when I started talking about sweet and dry and didn't understand how a liquid wine could be dry.  Oh well, I did my best.  


Also at the liquor store, I walk in, and they're giving away free samples!  Of gin!!  I was so taken aback that they were just handing out gin (and cranberry juice... together?  yuck) like we're at Costco and handing out free samples!  It's a different world out here.

In other random news... a little girl fell asleep on me on the subway today.  We were all squished and her head just rested right on my shoulder and she was out.  Very cute.

2 comments:

Mom said...

i am so blogged challenged, it isn't even funny! I enjoyed the Murr Lot story - and the free samples! Did they let you come back for seconds (and thirds)????

The little girl on the subway episode is very cute -

Anonymous said...

Ha that cracks me up! That man was struggling with pronunciation CLEARLY!

I am so so so glad to hear that you are doing so well!

Miss you chica

~Shannon