Donors Choose

DonorsChoose.org - Teachers ask. You choose. Students learn.

16 June 2008

Construction

I don't know if it really shows from the pictures... but that is a HUGE pile of screws and other sorts of things that I don't know the name to.  When I opened this package for my Ikea desk, I was a little shocked, because there were more pieces to the desk than the bed, and that just doesn't seem right.  But, after an hour or so of hard work, all of those screws turned into....


A desk!  Messy, I know, but everything in my room is still chaotic unfortunately.  Hopefully that will be remedied this week at some point...  I also built my bed!  Here it is:

So now I have furniture!  Everything w/ Ikea went great... except for my dresser.  I got the wrong color.  And they won't take it back without charging me the $100+ delivery fee for another one.  So that leaves me pretty much with only one option, to paint it to match the rest of the furniture.  But it's just so annoying because I wanted my dresser more than anything to put all of my clothes away and just to have things off of my floor.  It can't always go smoothly, can it.

I spent Saturday at a good friend's in New Jersey for her college grad party... it was a lot of fun and nice to see friends and hang out in the nice weather (perfect way to spend my birthday)!  Today starts our first day of pre-service training for teaching.  Basically, we're getting eased into it.  Today we just have this event and it should only last like 2 hours.  Then tomorrow we actually have to report to our universities that we're getting our Masters from and we have classes... eeks.  My university said we don't have to get there until about 3, which is different than most saying you have to get there at 9am tomorrow.  So I guess I'll get to sleep in for one more day.  

I have a lot of stuff I still need to get... printer, paint for furniture, ladder, power drill, alarm clock... I feel like the list keeps getting bigger everyday.  I can't wait until I'm at that point where I HAVE everything and can stop worrying about it.  For now though, my biggest challenge is figuring out where to put all of this cardboard from my Ikea things... moving creates a lot of garbage, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Boy, I need to practice at this commenting stuff! Just left you a comment and it knocked me off! Your furniture looks great - I am quite impressed!! And there will come a point where you feel you have everything and are organized. I think you've done a tremendous job in the short time you have been there.

Good luck tomorrow at the university!!

Love you bunches (and oodles too)