Donors Choose

DonorsChoose.org - Teachers ask. You choose. Students learn.

08 November 2008

Patience is a virtue....

Some days, it's just so hard to be patient.  I'm not sure what it takes, but sometimes I just want to walk out.  I'm not sure if it was because yesterday was Friday, or if it was because the whole week was weird due to conferences and Election Day, but the kids were going crazy.  Or at least I thought they were.


I actually made a student cry.  I don't feel like explaining in detail but I didn't yell at him, just reprimanded him and he went to the corner to cry.  I took him aside and he just wouldn't stop hugging me and telling me he was sorry.  I felt really bad, but I had to address the situation.  He just got really emotional over it.  Oops.

I got a Smartboard though!!!  I was very excited when the technology teacher brought it in.... I wasn't expecting to get it yesterday.  I can't wait to get it set up and start using it.  Another teacher was pretty peeved that I got it and she didn't, but that's what happens when you're nice to the technology teacher.  And when you have three students who can't write.  I think the Smartboard will really help them because of its touch screen.... I'm excited to see what we can do with it.

Last thing for today... I just wanted to mention one more time about my Donors Choose project.  Somehow my project qualified for "Double Your Impact", which means that Wachovia bank is matching donations.  So if you donate $20, the total contribution is $40.  And so even though the total cost is $542 and only $181 has been given... only $90 is left!

I hope you all have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend :)

1 comment:

Angela Watson said...

Can't wait to see what you think of the Smartboard...I know teachers who have them but don't actually use them (just not tech savvy people). I've never been in a school that had one, unfortunately. Your adventures should be interesting!