Donors Choose

DonorsChoose.org - Teachers ask. You choose. Students learn.

13 November 2008

Couscous is the new mac and cheese.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I looooveee mac and cheese.  Mostly of the Kraft/Velveeta variety, although a delicious home-made batch is a surefire way to my heart.  But, I've found a new love.


Near East Couscous.  Especially the olive oil/garlic kind and parmesan.

It's basically foolproof and ready in 7 mins... it's great on it's own, as a lovely bed under chicken, in a salad, etc etc.  Easily my new obsession.

I like to think of it as the grown-up version of mac and cheese... you know since I'm supposedly a grown-up and all (or at least act like one more than 50% of the time).

More to come on the total incompetency of people I work with in the near future.... 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your post brought a smile to my face. Remember when you were little and you would get all happy when Gramma made "real" mac & cheese? Of course you did, cuz all you got from me was the box!!! That used to make Gramma so happy - she sure loved taking care of us!!!